- GLA:D™ Canada is an education and tailored neuromuscular exercise program designed for individuals with hip or knee osteoarthritis.
- The program is unique because it provides education and targeted exercises that can be applied to movement in everyday activities.
- The program has been shown to improve outcomes (better quality of life, reduced pain and use of pain medication, less sick leave).
- GLA:D™ Canada is funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation. It implements the GLA:D® program, which is a standardized education and exercise program developed in Denmark.
- Our physiotherapist has completed GLA:D™ Canada’s training and runs the program.
- If you have coverage through your work or private insurance, this program should be covered.
The GLA:D® program consists of:
- 2 education sessions that teach participants about osteoarthritis and how the GLA:D™ Canada exercises improve joint stability.
- 12 Neuromuscular exercise sessions (twice a week for 6 weeks) to improve muscle control and stability of the joint, which leads to reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life.
- Each training session lasts 60 minutes and consists of three parts: warm up, circuit training and cool down.
- For more information on the GLA:D™ Canada program visit http://gladcanada.ca/
- Contact our clinic to register for the next program, or to start your one-on-one training session with our physiotherapist.