frequently asked questions
How do I schedule my appointment?
- We have morning and evening appointments available at our clinic in order to meet the demands of your busy schedule. If you would like to book an appointment then please go to our Contact page for our phone number or email address.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Dress comfortably with clothes (such as t-shirt and shorts) that allow easy access for the therapist to examine your problem areas. For treatments, loose fitting clothes that are comfortable for gentle exercises and supportive sneakers are often good choices to wear.
- Smart phone or other device capable of taking pictures and video for exercise or injury explanations.
- Diagnostic test results relevant to your complaint (X-ray reports, CT scans, or MRI results).
- Insurance Card for Direct Billing.
- A support person to accompany you if necessary (if you require assistance entering the clinic, filling out forms, etc.)
When should I arrive for my appointments?
- For your first appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early to ensure all patient forms are filled out so your appointment time can be used for assessing and treating your condition.
- For future appointments, arriving 10 minutes early should provide ample time for you to change into appropriate clothing and go to the bathroom if required.
How long will my appointment be?
- The length of time of your first appointment varies from condition to condition, but you can expect it to be approximately 60 minutes. Follow-up appointments will be approximately 30 to 45 minutes (the amount of time will be based on your specific needs).
How many appointments will I need?
- This varies from patient to patient depending on the scope of your injury. At your first session your physiotherapist will assess the problem and will discuss a treatment plan with you. Your progress will depend on a variety of factors and your physiotherapist will communicate with you along the way to make sure you are comfortable with the plan.
Do I need a doctor’s referral to come to physiotherapy?
- A referral from your doctor is not required to receive physiotherapy. Some private insurance companies require a doctor’s referral before providing extended coverage, however each one is different so it is best to check your personal plan.
What if I cannot make a scheduled appointment? Do you have a cancellation policy?
- Appointments are made to ensure your therapist has a sufficient amount of time to provide you with treatment. If you cannot make an appointment, we kindly ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice. This advanced notice will allow us to offer this appointment time to another client in need of our services. A cancellation fee equal to a private visit will be charged if the client does not show up for an appointment or cancels without sufficient notice or reason.
Do you talk to anyone else about my injury and treatment?
- All information you provide is kept completely confidential during and after your visit.
- With your consent, we will only communicate with your doctor, massage therapist, or another team member.
- We will also request your consent prior to communicating with anyone else, such as your insurance company, lawyer, or when requesting any reports such as x-rays or MRI.
What types of payment do you accept at your clinic?
- We accept Interac Debit, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, or Cash. Payment is made at the clinic after your appointment is finished.
I have extended health benefits through my work, my spouse’s work, or private insurance company. Can I use my extended health benefits at your clinic?
- If physiotherapy is included in your benefits plan, then you can use your benefits at our clinic.
- Every extended health benefit plan is different and we cannot guarantee your eligibility. Therefore, you will need to contact your insurance company or human resources department to find out the type and details of coverage you have for physiotherapy. Some insurance companies require a doctor’s referral for physiotherapy.
- We work with a number of companies and organizations to provide direct billing for services covered through insurance. We can submit your claim and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses for your visit.