Acupuncture / Dry Needling
- Acupuncture is often used as an adjunct modality. Our physiotherapist can advise you if acupuncture would be a beneficial part of your treatment plan.
- Dry needling is a treatment modality where an acupuncture needle is inserted into a myofascial trigger point.
- The purpose of dry needling trigger points is to desensitize these trigger points, promote healing and enhance the production of endorphins.
- It is an effective and safe technique for the treatment of myofascial pain and dysfunction.
- Areas commonly treated with dry needling physiotherapy include: the management of acute and chronic back pain, chronic neck pain, tension type and migraine headaches, pelvic girdle pain, knee osteoarthritis, lateral elbow pain and shoulder conditions.